The mysterious Gotthard ruins on the Gotthardsberg high above Amorbach have by no means revealed all of its secrets. You can find out more on a guided tour.
On a hilltop above Amorbach and Weilbach lies the Gotthard, formerly known as Frankenberg. According to tradition, the Frankish Gaugraf Ruthard built a castle here in the eighth century. In 1138 a chapel dedicated to St. Godehard von Hildesheim was built next to it. After the destruction of the castle under the Emperor Barbarossa, the Benedictine nuns founded a monastery there, which fell victim to the Peasant War. In the 17th century the church was rebuilt, but a lightning strike caused huge damage. To protect the ruin from decay, it was given a roof in 1956. From the tower there is a seven-valley view as far as the Spessart hills.
€ 3,00 p.P. ab 20 Personen, Mindestpreis € 60,00
|ab 3 €|
akzeptierte Zahlungsmittel:EC Card Cash
Karte wird geladen...
Essen in der Nähe
Unterkünfte in der Nähe
Welt, Hauptstr. 41
Weitere Tipps in der Nähe
Das könnte dir auch gefallen
18:29 h 1555 hm 1555 hm 211,7 km very difficult
© 2021 Bayerischer Odenwald